Raynham, MA – July 9, 2020: In proactive response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Parris Construction Management was selected in March by Martha’s Vineyard Hospital in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts to assist in expanding employee and patient safety aligned with entering, exiting, testing, separation and decontamination.
The multi-faceted project included:
Employee Check In/Out & Decontamination Processes
- An employee-only entrance with card-swipe access control.
- Employee check-in desk with a stainless-steel pass-thru for the daily distribution of each employee’s personal protective equipment and scrubs.
- Employee check-in station that is fully enclosed with a COVID-19 glass screen expanding to 7’-0” off the floor, a pass-thru slot for paperwork processing and a round stainless steel speaker for improved communication.
- An employee check-out changing area and decontamination shower for employee-only use.
- Each employee entering the hospital is screened with a temperature check, new surgical mask and credentials before entering the facility.
- Construction of an 8’-0” x 20’-0” ground office unit to house the decontamination site for sanitizing all the re-usable employee response team’s equipment and create a weather-proof environment to keep the operation segregated from any patient care areas.
Patient Testing & Safety Processes
- A testing site, utilizing an 8’-0” x 10’-0” ground office unit with power, data, heat and A/C for the staff.
- Convenient and safe process where Nurse can conduct the scheduled testing in a drive-by setting where the patient never has to leave the vehicle. A temporary canopy was constructed in place for shielding the elements.
- Installation COVID-19 separation screens at all reception, check-in and check-out desks at each unit in the hospital to maintain proper separation between staff and patients. Areas included but were not limited to Labs, Radiology, Surgical Services, Registration, Emergency Department, Fast Track, Outpatient, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit and Acute Medical/Surgical Units.
“Our close partnership with Martha’s Vineyard Hospital is long-standing and we’re proud and honored to be able to lend a hand at such a critical time for us all.”, said Robert Parris Jr., CEO & President of Parris Construction Management.
About Parris Construction Management: Parris is a family-owned construction management company. We work with owners, property managers, architects and designers, and specialize in the construction of meaningful spaces for leading clients in healthcare, hospitality and education. We retain 100+ years of collective construction expertise, 30+ years of active buying experience in the industry and pride ourselves on delivering outstanding quality.